Board of Directors' Report on Business Activity

  • The Czech telecommunications market in the first half...
  • Telefónica Czech Republic Group in the first half of...

Calendar of key events of the first half of 2012


Telefónica CR started cooperation with Ogilvy One and Euro RSCG in the area of BTL communication.

Telefónica CR expanded service from its call centres in Ústí nad Labem and Ostrava, creating 210 new jobs.


Telefónica CR published its audited consolidated financial results prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards for the fiscal year 2011. Consolidated business revenues reached CZK 52.3 billion; the net profit went down to CZK 8.7 billion.

Telefónica CR signed a contract to sell 80% of shares in Informační linky, a.s. The contract also contained an option to sell the remaining 20% stake.

The Supervisory Board of the Company appointed Ramiro Lafarga Brollo as a new member of the Board of Directors to succeed John McGuigan. Ramiro Lafarga Brollo at the same time stays as Chief Executive Officer of the subsidiary Telefónica Slovakia, s.r.o.

Telefónica CR joined an international initiative for safer internet, and published a practical guide for parents on how to protect children from the risks in the digital world; the guide is available from the Company’s website.


All lights in Telefónica CR went out for an hour as a gesture of the Company’s support to the Earth Hour, the world’s largest initiative against climate change.

Telefónica CR pledges a guarantee of the lowest prices of new mobile handsets to customers.


A Regular General Meeting of shareholders of Telefónica CR was held. The shareholders approved, among other things, a proposal of the Board of Directors to reduce the share capital through the reduction of the nominal value of each share by CZK 13 for shares with the previous nominal value of CZK 100.

O2 TV Videotheque marked three million downloaded programmes.

Telefónica CR came out with its O2 Guru concept. O2 Gurus help people with new technology in store and are on a mission to motivate people to use it to its full potential.

O2 Experience Centre, the most modern and the largest brand store in the Czech Republic, opened in Chodov, Prague.


Acting on a mandate given by the General Meeting and the Board of Directors, Telefónica CR retained UniCredit Bank AG, London Branch, to execute the plan to acquire the Company’s own shares (share buy-back).

Telefónica CR, as one of the leading systems integrators in the Czech Republic, forged a partnership with the business incubator of Inovacentrum of the Czech Technical University (ČVUT).

The Company expanded its data tariff proposition and introduced a special tariff Facebook with economical access to the world’s largest social network.

Telefónica CR gave its support to Campus Party Europe, the largest technology festival, which showcases and develops modern technology that could help Europe.


Telefónica CR was the first Czech operator to launch an LTE (Long Term Evolution) the fourth generation mobile communication network as the first Czech operator.

Telefónica CR implemented an electronic billing function with a free itemized bill for its new customers.

Telefónica CR commenced the testing of eCall – a service of automatic emergency 112 calling from passenger vehicles.